Republic Day honors the date of 26th January 1949 when Indian Constitution formed as the governing document of the country. It marks India’s identity as a republic nation. The Republic Day Parade refers to the ceremonious parade on Rajpath, New Delhi, held every year on the same date. The parade showcases India's Defence Capability, Cultural and Social Heritage.
Republic Day Parades Essential Information-
The Republic Day Parades takes places along Rajpath, in Delhi. Its route, which is more than five kilometers long, sets out from Raisina Hill near Rashtrapati Bhavan (President's Palace) and follows Rajpath past India Gate and on to the Red Fort.
To mark the importance of the occasion, every year a grand parade is held in the capital, New Delhi, from the Raisina Hill Rashtrapati Bhavan (the President's residence), along the Rajpath, past India Gate. Prior to its commencement, the Prime Minister lays a floral wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti, a memorial to unknown soldiers at the India Gate at one end of Rajpath, which is followed by two minutes silence in the memory of unknown soldiers.
It is a solemn reminder of the sacrifice of the martyrs who died for the country in the freedom movement and the succeeding wars for the defence of sovereignty of their country. Thereafter he/she reaches the main dais at Rajpath to join other dignitaries, subsequently the President arrives along with the chief guest of the occasion. They are escorted on horseback by the President's Bodyguard.
India Republic Day Parades in other cities-
1. Not only Delhi, other cities of India also organize parades.
2. Mumbai organizes a glamorous program at Shivaji Park or the Marine Drive.
3. In Bangalore, a parade and cultural fair is held at the Field Marshal Manekshaw Parade Ground.
4. In Kolkata, the Republic Day parade takes place along Red Road near the Maidan.
5. In Chennai, Kamaraj Salai and Marina Beach are the venues for Republic Day celebrations.
Republic Day Parades Tickets -
If you really love our army peoples and you are feelings very proud your nation. then its good time for you because today is Indian Republic Day. if you are planning to watch happy Republic Day 2017 Parades then first you need Ticket for entry. You can get happy republic day Parades from 10th of January to 25th of January every year. There are two types of tickets available, one for VIPS (front row passes) and another one is common ticket. There are almost 9 Departmental stores and other non-departmental stores are available to sell tickets.
How To get Republic Day Parade Tickets Online-
1. India Tourism Development Corporation (IDTC) Travel Counters at Ashok and Janpath Hotels. (Working days only).
2. Delhi Tourism Development Corporation (DTDC) Counters at Coffee Home, Baba Kharag Singh Marg and Food and Craft Bazar, Dilli Haat, opposite INA Market and Shri Gandhi Ashram, Chandni Chowk. (Working days only).
3. Departmental Sale Counters at North Block roundabout, South Block roundabout, Pragati Maidan (Gate No. 1, Bhairon Road), Jantar Mantar (Main Gate), Shastri Bhawan (near Gate No. 1), India Gate (near Jamnagar House), Red Fort. (10 a.m. until 5.30 p.m. daily).
4. Parliament House Reception Office. (11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday/Sunday/Holiday closed).
Government of India Tourist Office, Janpath. (Closed Sunday).
Happy Republic Day Images Pictures HD Wallpapers -
We have brings here for you top collections of Happy Republic Day Images 2017 along with best and latest HD wallpapers of 26 January happy Republic day 2017 for you. send top & best awesome images pictures of happy republic day to your friends on the occasions of happy republic day. feel proudly for your country wish everyone with these top latest Hd images of happy republic day 2017 from here. Apart from these we brings for you republic day parades images, Scenes from India's Republic day parade for you: